Jim Lichtman - Curriculum Vitae
ETHICS WRITER, SPEAKER
1995 – Present
Ethics Corps – The Josephson Institute of Ethics, California
Michael Josephson, trainer
PARTIAL CLIENT LIST
Federal Dispute Resolution Conference, Indian Wells, CA
Society of Actuaries – Washington, DC, & Vancouver BC
Sandia National Labs, Albuquerque, NM
Community Bankers of Southern California, Palm Desert, CA
Tenet Healthcare – corporate, Santa Barbara, CA
American Bankers Association, Washington, DC
American Trucking Association, Washington, DC
California Teachers Association – region III, Long Beach, CA
Edward Jones – corporate, St. Louis, MO
Healthcare, Public Relations and Marketing Association
Idaho Hospital Association, Sun Valley, ID
National Council on Teacher Retirement, Philadelphia, PA
3rd National Character Education Conference, St. Louis, MO
PaineWebber (UBS) – corporate, Weehawken, NJ
Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Providence, RI
Hampton University Honors College, Hampton, VA
Christopher Newport University, Newport News, VA
Bethesda/Chevy Chase High School, Bethesda, MD
Woodrow Wilson High School, Washington, DC
Penn State Forum, Pennsylvania State University, PA
New Hampshire Technical Institute, Concord, NH
International Association of Professional Security Consultants,
San Diego, CA
Minnesota Hospital and Healthcare Partnership, Minneapolis, MN
Missouri Association of Public Employee Retirement Systems,
St. Louis, MO
National Grocers Association, Las Vegas, NV
Food Brokers Association
Professionals in Human Resources Association
U.S. Department of State
SPECIAL PUBLIC PRESENTATIONS
- Contemporary Ethical Issues, (2011 – 2013) New Hampshire Technical Institute, week-long class, co-taught with Prof. Stephen Ambra.
- The First 100 Days – Integrity, Leadership, Trust, (2009) UCSB/Capps Center.
- S. Intelligence, 9/11, & Iraq: A Whistleblower’s Story – one-on-one broadcast interview with TIME Magazine’s (2002) Person of the Year, Coleen Rowley, (2007) UCSB/Capps Center.
- Is America Becoming a Culture of Corruption? – A Report on Honesty & Trust in America, (2006) University of California at Santa Barbara/Walter H. Capps Center for the Study of Ethics, Religion and Public Life.
- Discordant Voices – A Survey of Conservative and Liberal Commentators, (2010) with analysis by Jamie O’Boyle, senior analyst, The Center for Cultural Studies and Analysis.
- The First 100 Days – Integrity, Leadership, Trust, (2009) report co-authored with Wade Clark Roof, director, The Walter H. Capps Center, UCSB, polling prepared by Zogby International.
- Post-Election Poll, What Americans Expect from the Next President and Congress, (2008) co-authored with Wade Clark Roof, director, The Walter H. Capps Center, UCSB, polling prepared by Zogby International.
- Honesty & Trust in America, (2006) polling prepared by Zogby International.
- Do Ethics Still Matter? – Attitudes Among 18 to 24-year-olds, (2005) polling prepared by Zogby International.
- Shameless: The Ethical Case Against Three Out-of-Control Critics and the Need for Civility Now, More than Ever, (e-Book, 2011).
- What Do You Stand For? – Stories about Principles that Matter, (Scribbler’s Ink, 2005).
- The Lone Ranger’s Code of the West – An Action-Packed Adventure in Values and Ethics, (Scribbler’s Ink, 1998).
- Apology and Forgiveness, Two Sides of the Same Ethical Coin, Santa Barbara News-Press, December 31, 2006
- Washington Ethics: The Way Backward, Santa Barbara News-Press, December 17, 2006
- Getting Back America’s Integrity, Santa Barbara News-Press, December 26, 2004
- Where Does the Nation Go from Here?, Santa Barbara News-Press, November 3, 2004
- Ethical Tightrope, Santa Barbara News-Press, July 7, 2002
- Coach Knight Isn’t the Problem, Our Attitude Is, Houston Chronicle, September 12, 2000
- Knight Out of Bounds, The Philadelphia Inquirer, September 2000
- Excuses Are Not Ethics, The New York Times, May 18, 2000
- Ethics and Character, The Pearl of Great Price, The Chicago Tribune, October10, 1996
- One film’s bravery lacks another’s moral courage, Minneapolis Star-Tribune, August 9, 1996
Feature stories and appearances include USA Today, The Washington Post, the Weekend Today Show in New York, The New York Daily News, New Jersey Star-Ledger, National Public Radio’s Weekend Edition, NY-1, CNN’s NewsNight with Aaron Brown.
Jim’s on-going commentaries can be found at ItsEthicsStupid.com.